cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DLO - specify a single user per machine

sondra_willhite
Level 2
We're using the DLO option to backup our laptops, but our laptops are often passed around to multiple users. I would like to specify a primary user per machine, and have the backup agent only back up when that single user is signed in. Right now I have the same data being redundantly stored whenever, and everytime, a new person signs on to a machine that has the DLO agent installed. Having guests and student workers disable themselves when they sign on is not pratical.
2 REPLIES 2

Deepali_Badave
Level 6
Employee
Hello,

Have you craeted a an "Automated User assignement"?
this issue occurs incase we create create an automated user assignement".

If will try to backup without Automated user assignement
it gives an error as "unable to connect"

To avoid this problem it is necessary to manually add the user's..instead of creatingAutomated user assignement.

-- Also delete the user's which you don't want access from Users option.

Additional Information :
For information on the recent VERITAS Backup Exec security vulnerabilities, including links to the downloads for the necessary hotfixes, please refer to the following document:
Patch summary for Security Advisories VX05-001, VX05-002, VX05-003, VX05-005, VX05-006, VX05-007

http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/277429.htm

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answered and would be moved to answered questions pool.

Message was edited by:
Deepali BadaveMessage was edited by:
Deepali Badave

hakki_ozbasli
Level 2
Could you please clarify your answer?

I have the same exact problem as the original poster. I want to specify 1 user per machine. When another user logs into that machine, i do not want DLO to back anything up.

Thanks in advance.