cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error 0xe00084af, tried everything

seack79
Level 2
Hello,

I am running Veritas Backup Exec 10.0 rev. 5484.  I am getting an access denied error (0xe00084af) when trying to backup local files to tape.  Originally I thought it was an Exchange problem becuase this all started out with trying to backup Exchange and getting the same access denied error, but the code was (0xe0008488).  Ultimately we simply tried to backup a local test file just to see if we could do that, and we have been unsuccessful.  I have tried searching through the forums here but nothing I found has been able to help me.  I have reviewed support documents:

If anyone has any ideas of where to start I would really appreicate it, thank you.
3 REPLIES 3

Ken_Putnam
Level 6

seack79
Level 2
I'm not using the open open file option; if that's what it's in regards to.  I'm pretty much convinced it's a result of MS critical update KB931832.  I have tried everything and searched through dozens of support docs.  Anyone know of Backup Exec 12 has had the same issue?  I might have to upgrade.

Message Edited by seack79 on 06-25-2008 12:01 PM

seack79
Level 2
Well,

I removed the security update I noted above, rebooted the server, and all is well.  I'll probably be upgrading to version 12 so I can re-install the security update.