cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error 570

Cstark46802
Level 2

All of a sudden around 9/30/10 I started receiving errors randomly on my backup jobs.  They are "Error: 570 - The file or directory is corrupted and unreadable. For additional information regarding this error refer to link V-79-0-1392"  I backup over 40 servers.  I get this message randomly across the servers.  I have followed the direction of deleting the files in the article listed in http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH43348 but that did not help.  It will happen on a server and then can be fine the next night but it can happen on another server.  Sometimes it does not happen at all.  I would appreciate any help and insight.

7 REPLIES 7

pkh
   VIP    Certified

Are you using alternative paths to store your .dr files?  If so, check that those paths are not off-line.

theseng99
Level 4

Hello,

Please check path of DR file. and What is your symantec backup version?

reference.

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH18354

pkh
   VIP    Certified

Didn't I said that?

Cstark46802
Level 2

I have not changed the default dr location.  They are going to the c: drive and the backups are going to the D: drive.  Our version is symanted backup exec 2010

pkh
   VIP    Certified

Did you set the alternative path for the .dr files?  If, for example, you set it to write to shared directory on another server and this server is down for some reason, you will get this error.

Cstark46802
Level 2

No, we backup several servers to the main backup server.  The .dr files reside on the C: drive of the backup server in the default location and the actual backups reside on the D: drive of the same server.  We have not changed the default path for the .dr files.  This setup worked perfectly for years and then just all of a sudden on Sept 30th we started getting these errors.  It is usually 1 to 3 a day on our 45 different servers.   It is not always the same servers. 

pkh
   VIP    Certified

If you have not set the alternative path, then try deleting all the .dr files from the default location.  I once had a similar problem and deleting the .dr files solved it.

As an aside, you should set the alternate path to store the .dr away from your media server.  Otherwise, when your media server crashes, you would not have any .dr file to do your IDR restore.