cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error Add windows system

likemylife
Level 2

Hi all,

Recent I've two server run window server 2008, install backup 2010 r3.

I meet issue about Add Windows System error while add on BackupServer. Pls help me fix it.

P/S : I've reinstall BackupAgent on remote server, in publishing tab: it's ok to connect backup server. Services,firewall in Remote server ok.

Thanks a lot to support, 

Tan

Capture.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

pkh
   VIP    Certified
Check the following 1) on the remote server, check that the remote agent service is running. Also check the Windows Eventlog for any remote agent service failures. 2) open the remote agent utility and make sure that it is publishing correctly to the media server 3) make sure that you can ping from the media server to the remote server and vice-versa 4) make sure that there is no firewall blocking port 10000 5) on the remote server, check that there are no other applications using port 10000. 6) edit the job, under Network and Security, select IPv4 as the protocol. Disable IPv6 on both servers

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

pkh
   VIP    Certified
Check the following 1) on the remote server, check that the remote agent service is running. Also check the Windows Eventlog for any remote agent service failures. 2) open the remote agent utility and make sure that it is publishing correctly to the media server 3) make sure that you can ping from the media server to the remote server and vice-versa 4) make sure that there is no firewall blocking port 10000 5) on the remote server, check that there are no other applications using port 10000. 6) edit the job, under Network and Security, select IPv4 as the protocol. Disable IPv6 on both servers

likemylife
Level 2

Hi pkh,

Thanks for your support , i'll check and reply you soon.

VJware
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Was the remote agent push installed to the remote server ? If not, then a trust relationship is not established. Establish it using this KB - https://www.veritas.com/support/en_US/article.TECH156427

Also, do ensure the Remote Agent service is running under the "Local System Account".

Lastly, if running any AV, add the Backup Exe directory to the exclusions list.