cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error: An update of the Backup Exec Archiving Option is now available. You must install the update to continue to use the Archiving Option.

hlpbew
Level 2

Hello,

We just started to receive the following error as to which I have not been able to locate the mentioned update or any details on the error or event ID. How can this be fixed?

EventID:  57357

An update of the Backup Exec Archiving Option is now available. You must install the update to continue to use the Archiving Option.

General

Category: Archiving Option operation failure

Type: Error

Job Name: Archiving Option synchronization

Source: System

7 REPLIES 7

pkh
   VIP    Certified

You did not mention what version of BE 2010 that you are using.  If you are not on BE 2010 R3, I would suggest that you upgrade to BE 2010 R3 which is the latest version. Your existing licence keys will work.  You can download BE 2010 R3 from either the fileconnect site or

http://trialware.norton.com/files/fc/Backup_Exec_2010_13.0.5204_MultiPlatforms_Multilingual_DVD.iso

After your upgrade, do not forget to run LiveUpdate a couple of time to update it to SP2 and the latest hotfixes.

After you have upgraded to R3, push out the remote agent again.

hlpbew
Level 2

Hello,

Thank you for the response. I assumed that since the forum asked for that information prior to making the post that it would reflect that in my post but I now see that this isn't the case.

With that aside, I'm already using Backup Exec 2010 R3 13.0.5204

Current updates installed:

Service Pack 2

Hotfix 180429

pkh
   VIP    Certified

Your discussion is tagged with "Backup Exec - 2010", but it does not say whether it is 2010, 2010 R2 or 2010 R3.  Also, there are various SP's for each release.

hlpbew
Level 2

Thanks for the clarification.

We are on Backup Exec 2010 R3 13.0.5204

Current updates installed:

Service Pack 2

Hotfix 180429

dmoisan
Level 2
I am seeing it at my site as well. Backup Exec 2010 R3 13.0.5204, Service Pack 2, Hotfix 180249, running on Windows Server 2008 (32-bit). This started happening as of three weeks ago, when I pushed updates to three remote agents. As a matter of fact, I started seeing this just after 180249 was installed, though I cannot correlate the two events. I had another issue with the BE agent crashing when trying to backup the local machine (that BE is running on) but I will open a separate post on that.

hlpbew
Level 2

I'm still experiencing this issue and have not been able to locate any type of resolution. I tried to contact Symantec and couldn't get any support as I'm about a month off from the expiration of my maintenance contract. Go figure...any additional help would be greatly appreciated.

dmoisan
Level 2
I am working on a related problem: I suspect our BE remote agent is crashing when it tries to back up the local BE Archive indices and want to rebuild them. I can't seem to do that, because of the foregoing error we are both having. Are they related? I have to ask.