cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error Backing up Microsoft Exchange 2010 with BE 2012

Angelo-Bortolaz
Level 2

The Backup Exec and Exchange are both Windows 2008 R2 Server. For backup the exchange we have one selection list. The selection list contains the Mailbox Database and System State.

This list would be used every saturday for the Fullbackup to Disk, and for a daly differential backup.

The fullback works fine, only the daily differential jobs does not work since the 28.4.2014.

I have this error message.

Thanx for your help.

Microsoft Exchange GRT backup to tape fails with error: 0xe00002f7 - 
Cannot extract mailbox messages from the Exchange backup. Review the job log for more information.
 '-4001 A read was issued to a location beyond the EOF (writes will expand the file). '

5 REPLIES 5

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

are you running the latest SP for BE 2012?

Thanks!

Angelo-Bortolaz
Level 2

yes, SP4 and 1 Hotfix for SP4.

VJware
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Do ensure AOFO is disabled in the backup job properties. Additionally, try this KB as well - http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH188158

Angelo-Bortolaz
Level 2

yesterday i disabled the system state and backup only the exchange. everthing ist ok.

Yes I know the KB article and I have made.

Now I need to know whether it is the system state really needed or the server can also be secured differently.

pkh
   VIP    Certified
The system state is needed to recover the entire server. You should just backup Exchange by itself and turn off AOF in that job. You then have another job with AOF on to backup the entire C: drive and the system state. Take note of the AOF status in the two jobs