Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error Backing up local server after upgrade to BE2010

CableguyRSA
Level 2

Hi Rocket Scientists..

I get the following error

Werner Test -- The job failed with the following error: The resource could not be backed up because an error occurred while connecting to the Backup Exec for Windows Servers Remote Agent.

Make sure that the correct version of the Remote Agent is installed and running on the target computer. If the server or resource no longer exists, remove it from the selection list. Edit the selection list properties, click the View Selection Details tab, and then remove the resource.

When I run a test job and disable credential check,  it works,  but every job fails.  When I run a test under Resource Credentials,  I get an error saying that the network location cannot be found,  yet the machine that backup exec is running on is the machine I am trying to back up,  thus it is a local system.  Remote agent is running on the machine,  yet it does not seem to report back to the media server.

Please help.

3 REPLIES 3

Dev_T
Level 6

Hi,

Make sure that the Backup Exec Service Account (BESA) is Local Administrator on the server. Also make sure that the services are running under Domain\besa account (except remote agent service and SQL service)

Hope this helps

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

...open up the RAWS agent monitor and make sure that 127.0.0.1 is showing under the publishing tab. If not, put it in manually and restart the RAWS service.

You can also run the BEDB repair in BEutility...just post back here with an update.

AmolB
Employee Accredited Certified

Make sure port 10000 is used by beremote only.