cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup Exec 201 tape capacity reduce after firmware update of HP 1840 tape drive

robosull
Level 4

I have a interesting problem with my Backup Exec 2010 ver 13.0 Rev. 2896 installed on Windows Server 2003 R2 and the tape drive that is used on this machine is HP Ultrium 4-SCSI 1840 and the firmware installed on this tape drive is B63D.  The tapes that I used are 800/1.6TB and the amount of data backup on a daily basis is between 653.360 gigs to 671.808 gigs of data.  The problem is this since Monday the 18th of July, I am and not able backup my normal amount of data anymore on one tapes.  Since Monday, I had to used a second tape which doesn't make sense since the amount of daily has not been more then 672 gigs.  Has anyone else ever experience this before?  I don't want burn a support call for this so if anyone has any ideas please let me know.

Thanks,

2 REPLIES 2

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Hi,

Have you upgraded the drivers (DDI drivers) for BE as well?

Otherwise try rolling back to the previous version of the firmware listed in HP LTT (or alternatively download the previous version of the firmware from the HP website) and see what it does...

Lastly...there is always a free upgrade to BE 2010 R3 if you're able to do so...

Thanks!

robosull
Level 4

I will give that a shot & let you know how it turns out.