cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error Installing HotFix 24 on Windows 2000 Servers

Stephan_Hanselm
Level 2
Hi
I tried to install several times the HotFix 24 for BackExec v10.0 on a Windows 2000 server. I always get the following error message: "Install Wizard ERROR! The wizard was interrupted before VERITAS Backup Exec for Windows Servers could be completely installed. Your system has not been modified. To complete installation at another time, please run setup again. Click Finish to exit the wizard." There is no log file or event log entry. I have SP1 and the HotFixes 7, 8, 11 and 17 installed.

Thanks a lot for help
2 REPLIES 2

priya_khire
Level 6
Hello,

Run the repair install of Backup Exec 10.0 as per the steps suggested on the following technote:

Title: Repairing Backup Exec 9.x and 10.x for Windows Servers
http://support.veritas.com/docs/253199

Try to install the hotfix after that and check the results. If the problem persists, do write back to the forum.

Note : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked ‘assumed answered’ and would be moved to ‘answered questions’ pool.

Regards.

Stephan_Hanselm
Level 2
Hello,

Thanks for your answer. I used the repair option and afterwards I was able to install the HotFix 24. The problem was that the source directory where BackupExewc was installed from, was deleted in the meantime and therefore the installation of the HotFix failed.

Thanks a lot

Regards
Stephan