Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error Push Install of Backup Exec 10d Remote Client

Adonis_Manansal
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified
Hi,

I am trying to install Remote agent but failed, wih an error "The RPC services is unavailable".
I did follow the instructions on http://support.veritas.com/docs/255826 performing local install of Remote Agent.

Now, when I perform a backup of the remote client, it failed. The error stated that the remote client has no remote agent installed.

I check if the services of the remote client and it indicates that the VSP is already installed and running.

Can someone please help me?

Thank you in advance.
6 REPLIES 6

Sanjay_Raval
Level 6
Certified
Are you able to ping by host name?

Check the RPC service is running on remote client?

Adonis_Manansal
Level 6
Yes, I can ping by host name and ip address.

I did perform a local install of Remote Client by copying the RANT32 folder to the client.
I can now run a backup of the Remote Client but failed to backup the System State. It stated that the Remote Client Agent was not installed.

Anyone, please help.

Sanjay_Raval
Level 6
Certified
Which account you are using to backup ?

If it's local than replace local account with domain account.

Adonis_Manansal
Level 6
I used both admin accounts (Local and domain), but still unable to push install Remote Client Agent.

Sanjay_Raval
Level 6
Certified
i think their is some thing worng with account used to backup remote client.

Please check the selection list ? and go to edit and test all resource credential,
if it's fail than replace the account.

Adonis_Manansal
Level 6
There's no problem with the account I used.

I already solve the problem. I check the "Admin Share" of the remote client and found out that it was disabled. I edit the registry and change the "Admin Share" to enable. See related document:

http://support.veritas.com/docs/282609