cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error : User directory and files are not exist.

albert_choua
Level 4
I had a user his email account and mailbox has been deleted long time ago, But Backup Exec still keep saying could not found this user's mailbox directory and files.

I checked on my Exchange server and Backup Exec backup selection. Either of them has this user's information.
Why the error message displayed in the log?
4 REPLIES 4

tejashree_Bhate
Level 6
Hello,

If the mail box no longer exists, edit the backup job and remove the directory from the selection list and then submit the backup job.

1 Open the Backup Exec (tm) software

2. In the VERITAS Backup Exec window, on the navigation bar, click Job Setup

3. In the Job Setup view, under the Jobs pane, double-click the job to be edited

4. In the Properties window, in the Properties pane, under Source, click to select the Selections option

5. In the View format box in the right corner, click to select the Text option

7. Click Delete

8. After deleting the directories that no longer exist, click Submit to run the backup job

Thanks,

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answered and would be moved to answered questions pool.

albert_choua
Level 4
Thank you for the reply. As I told you in my previous message. I have gone through the job selection of my Backup Exec and did not see any directory or files of the deleted user. There is no way for me to deselect the user's mailbox. How come Backup Exec still detect it?

albert_choua
Level 4
your answer message missing step 6. What is it?

albert_choua
Level 4
your answer message missing step 6. What is it?