cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error V-79-57344-3849

CJ_Parker
Level 3
Six backups have failed, back to back.  Giving me the following error in the Job Completion Status portion:
Final error: 0xe0000f09 - An error occurred when writing to the Backup Exec Database.  A synthetic backup of this resource will not include the data backed up by this operation until the next full or incremental backup of this resource.
Final Error Category:  Resource Errors
For Additional information regarding this error refer to link V-79-57344-3849

In the Errors portion, reads:
Backup - \\MAIL\Microsoft Information Store\First Storage Group
Catalog Error
V-79-655-345-65535 - An error was encountered writing to the on-disk catalogs.
A synthetic backup of this resource will not include the data backed up by this operation until the next full or incremental backup of this resource runs.

There are two jobs scheduled overnight.  One starts at 10, that completes fine, no problems.  It backs up data from remote servers via the remote agent.  The second job backs up the exchange server which sits on the same machine the tape backup and software runs on.  It is this job that fails and gives the same error each time.  I have stopped and reran the services, restarted the machine, deleted the job and recreated from scratch.  Help!
4 REPLIES 4

Ben_L_
Level 6
Employee
CJ,

Would you be able to post the entire job log somewhere I can grab it from?

CJ_Parker
Level 3
Here is a .jpg copy of the job log I printed.  Maybe this will help.
I have to say, last nights backup completed successfully.  What I did do was free up disk space as Windows warned me of low disk space.  I freed up 8 gigs worth of space.  Maybe this was a HDD space issue?  BackupExec needed certain amount of space to write the catalog?

-CJ
=)

Ben_L_
Level 6
Employee
As far as I know it should of given a different error message for running out of disk space, but if that worked I'm not going to argue with it.

CJ_Parker
Level 3
Second straight successful backup.  I will assume it had something to do with low disk space on the drive the program was installed on.  The system had 4 drives, all others were absolutly fine so it has to do with the amount of space the program is installed on.