cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error a00081cb

Kyle_Kumasaki
Not applicable
I am trying to obtain the fix listed in article 268826. I have called the US support number, where I explained the problem that I was having, but they refused to help me because I am no longer covered under a support contract. The tech did tell me to send an e-mail to the installation support group, as they were the only ones still accepting e-mail. I explained the situation in my message, and also explained that the tech that I spoke with told me to contact them via e-mail. However, in the reply that I received, they also refused to help.

According to the article, Veritas admits that this is a bug in their software. While I realize that I do not have a current support contract, it seems highly unreasonable that I should have to pay to fix a bug that Veritas has admitted was their fault.

If anybody could forward the script to me, it would be greatly appreciated.
4 REPLIES 4

Asma_Tamboli
Level 6
Hello,

You will need to run this script in the SQL Enterprise Manager in order to resolve the error.

1. Create a text file for the SQL script named Sql.txt on the root of X: (where X: is the drive where Backup Exec is installed)

The following script should be included inside that file:-

begin transaction
select ScriptID from Scripts where ( ScriptName like 'Duplicate%' ) and ( ScriptType = 300 )
begin
delete from SetCopyScriptEntries where ScriptID = ScriptID
end
delete from Scripts where ScriptName like 'Duplicate%'
commit transaction

Note: After script runs, the duplicate jobs will need to be recreated.

2. Go to the Command Prompt.

3. Browse to the directory C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\80\Tools\Bin folder on the media server.

4. Run the following command:

osql -S \bkupexec -dbedb -E -i C:\sql.txt

P.S: The computer name is the media server name and '< >' are not to be included in the command

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked ‘assumed answered’ and would be moved to ‘answered questions’ pool.

Rick_Yedica
Level 2
I have ran the script as stated above and that did not solve the issue. I noticed when creating the duplicate backup jobs set to backup following a job I will go ahead and create it and it will show in the job monitor, however, if I browse to the scripts table in the database, that job does not show up at all. If I create a duplicate job to duplicate existing backup sets the job shows up. At the moment I am getting the same error as everyone else with this issue... a00081cb - Could not open the script file.

Rick_Yedica
Level 2
I am still having an issue with this. I have been waiting for a repsonse and got nothing so i uninstalled and reinstalled Veritas completely. I tried running the duplicate backup job and still recieved the same error. If this is something that cannot be fixed than we may as well switch to a more suitable backup vendor.

Shilpa_pawar_2
Level 6
Hi,

Please make sure about the path of the sql.txt file and the server/computer name.

Recycle the backup exec services.

Try deleting and recreating the duplicate job.

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked "assumed answered" and would be moved to "answered questions" pool.