cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backups of windows 98 fails after install Veritas BE 9.1 sp4

Joaquim_Silva
Level 3
After install sp4 (be4691RSP4a_280008.exe), backups for all w9x fails, with the following error: "Final error: 0xa000fe29 - Authentication failed on connection to the server.
Final error category: Security Errors"

Everything is exactly the same. Every Windows XP machines are being backed up with no problem.
Already installed in some machines the last agent on some w9x machines (BE_9XAGT_5030_265445.zip), but the problem persists. Can you help me?

Thanks!
9 REPLIES 9

Shilpa_pawar_2
Level 6
Hi,

Try to reconfigure backup exec service account under Tools> Services> Service credentials.

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked "assumed answered" and would be moved to "answered questions" pool.

Joaquim_Silva
Level 3
Hi,

Sorry about the delay of the answer (been in holydays). Done that but the problem persists.

shweta_rege
Level 6
Hello,

- Is it a local backup or a remote?

- Are you backing up any Databases like for eg. Exchange Sql?

Note : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked ‘assumed answered’ and would be moved to ‘answered questions’ pool.

Thanks.

Joaquim_Silva
Level 3
Hi,

No, these are regular files (*.doc; *.xls). I have several machines on my network with windows xp, and some with windows 98. After installed sp4 on my server (windows xp pro), the backups of windows are fine (100%), but all backups of all windows 98 don't work.
Thanks!Message was edited by:
Joaquim Silva

Gauri_Ketkar
Level 6
Hi,

After installing service pack 4 of bEWS 9.1 have push installed remote agent once again on all the remote machines ? (windows 98 also ? )

Update us on the same and revert for any further Query
Hope this will help you

Thank you
Gauri

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked "assumed answered" and would be moved to "answered questions" pool.

Joaquim_Silva
Level 3
Hi Gauri,

Already installed in some machines the last agent on some w9x machines (BE_9XAGT_5030_265445.zip), but the problem persists.

Thanks
Joaquim

Deepali_Badave
Level 6
Employee
Hello,

Add the BE server name and the ip address in the host file on the remote machine and vice versa.

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answered and would be moved to answered questions pool.

Joaquim_Silva
Level 3
Hi Badave

Thank you, but didn't work. I don't no what more shall I do.

Asma_Tamboli
Level 6
Hello Joaquim,

Does the issue persist?

Please ensure that the remote agent service is running under Lokal System account on media server as well as the remote SQL server.

Also enable the restrict anonymous support on both the machines with the help of the following dokument:

http://support.veritas.com/docs/238618

Restart all the backup exec services on both the servers after having made the changes.

Please download the tcpview utility from the following URL:

http://www.sysinternals.com/Utilities/TcpView.html

Run it on both the machines to ensure that the beremote.exe is listening to port 10000.

Please update us on the issue.

Thanks.

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answered and would be moved to answered questions pool.