cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error during creation of IDR CD ISO Image

James_Martin_2
Level 3
I'm getting the following error message while using the IDR Preparation Wizard. I get to the point where it's actually creating the CD image file and then this pops up...

Unexpected error at e:\be\mikonos\4691r\betools\drprepwizard\exe\..\mkcdimage.cpp 5851 0xa000d000 (2684407808).

When I click OK I get another error that's the same only it says 8811 instead of 5851. I hit OK again and that's as far as it will let me go. Creates an image file but it isn't valid.

This is for a Windows Server 2003 system. I've created two other images successfully for Windows Server 2000 systems, both before and after I got these errors. They worked fine. It's just the one for 2003 that seems to be giving me trouble.

The path in the error message has me baffled. I have no e: drive on my Backup Exec machine and the rest of the path doesn't make sense either.

Any help appreciated.

Jim Martin
jmartin@brillianceaudio.com
5 REPLIES 5

Sagar_Kamat_2
Level 6
This error can be caused by missing data in the :\Program Files\Veritas\Backup Exec\NT\IDR folder.

The error can be resolved by performing the following steps:

1. Rename the IDR folder (located at :\Program Files\Veritas\Backup Exec\NT\IDR) to IDROLD

2. Launch VERITAS Backup Exec (tm)

3. Go to Tools | Serial numbers and Installation

4. Run through the installation choosing to uninstall the IDR option

5. Reboot the server when prompted

6. Again install IDR option.

7. In case you get the error again follow the above steps and reinstall IDR but change the IDR folder location .

Note: This procedure will cause the existing DR files to be available in the IDROLD folder. They will be created in the default location after full backup jobs.

Abhinav_Bindroo
Level 6
No reply for 3 days

James_Martin_2
Level 3
Tried this with no success. Could not perform the last step of installing IDR to a different folder because the button you use to "change" the install directory is ghosted and unavailable.

Renuka_-
Level 6
Employee
Hello,
This can be chenged via the idr wizard. which is found in tool>wizards>idr wizard. Select the option to change folder location from here.

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answeredand would be moved toanswered questions pool.

James_Martin_2
Level 3
I have solved my problem - here are the details....

Because of another post where the user said it depends on the version of Windows 2003 Disc that you have installed I tried the following...

I tried the IDR wizard again using new discs of Server 2003 Standard Edition, 2003 Enterprise Edition Pre SP1, and 2003 Enterprise Edition with SP1. All three discs allowed me to complete the IDR Wizard.

I then went back to the original disc I had been using and the errors came back. I checked and it was Enterprise Edition Pre SP1, but it must have been a bad copy or a bad version. (original discs in the vault - I was working with copies).

So - if you're having this error - and you're at Version 9.1 with SP3 and have the following patch installed...
http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/278553.htm
....then you might want to try with a different disc.

Good Luck!

Jim