Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error : e00084af

Jason_King
Not applicable
Windows SBS 2003
Symantec Backup Exec 10.d

We have been recieving the following error regarding the backup of our information store to tape:

Error : e00084af - The directory or file was not found, or could not be accessed.
For additional information regarding this error refer to link V-79-57344-33967

Now I know the error message is related to the AOFO so as a test I removed the AOFO and the Information store backed up fine overnight how ever obviously files and folders in use would not backup with AOFO.

Yes I know I can have two backup jobs with one using AOFO and backing up everything else bar the information store and the other backing up the information store without AOFO but i shouldn't have to! It's not a hardware problem just Backup exec's problem.

Could you please help me determine why this is happening?!
1 REPLY 1

Ajit_Kulkarni
Level 6
Hello,

Please refer to the below mentioned technote to know more about this error and also to resolve the issue:

"Directory or File was not found, or could not be accessed" (a00084af HEX or e00084af HEX) is reported when a backup job using the Advanced Open File Option fails.
http://support.veritas.com/docs/261831

Hope this helps you.

Regards

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked "assumed answered" and would be moved to "answered questions" pool