cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error on library libstdc++.so.5 with Backup Exec 11d for windows and remote agent for linux

Patrice_2
Level 2
I bought “Backup Exec 11d” for a Windows server. I want to save a linux server (OS = Linux 2.4.18-3custom). To do that, I installed ralus 32 bits from the CDROM (Symantec BAckup Exec Remote Agent for Linux ou Unix Servers Build 6235).

My server use NIS server; So, l created  manualy Beoper Group included root user.

When I execute the command "./VRTSralus.init start" the process can't start !!!

>>>uname -a
Linux 2.4.18-3custom #1 SMP Thu Sep 26 14:52:05 GMT-5 2002 i686 unknown
>>>cat /var/VRTSralus/ beremote.service.log
/opt/VRTSralus/bin/beremote: error while loading shared libraries: libstdc++.so.5: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

>>>which libstdc++.so.5
/usr/bin/which: no libstdc++.so.5 in (/usr/local/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/sbin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/X11R6/bin:/root/bin)

Where can I find this library ? It's not installed with the package ?

Thanks.
7 REPLIES 7

Patty_McGowan
Level 6
Employee
This is a library that the agent is dependent on.
It is not installed with the agent.

I did a search on the library you have here and found several results.  I would recommend checking the site where you received your Linux files from.

I know RedHat has all of the libraries available for download.

Patty

Patrice_2
Level 2
Hello Patty,

I'm not an expert of the linux environment. What I can say to you, it's that the Linux server was installed  from CDROM “Red Hat Linux 7.2”.

When I use the command "ldd" to print shared library dependencies, the result is :

>>>ldd /opt/VRTSralus/bin/beremote
/opt/VRTSralus/bin/beremote: /lib/i686/libc.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.3' not found (required by /opt/VRTSralus/bin/libvxACE.so.3)
/opt/VRTSralus/bin/beremote: /lib/i686/libpthread.so.0: version `GLIBC_2.3.2' not found (required by /opt/VRTSralus/bin/libvxACE.so.3)
/opt/VRTSralus/bin/beremote: /lib/i686/libpthread.so.0: version `GLIBC_2.3.2' not found (required by /opt/VRTSralus/bin/libvxTAO.so.3)
/opt/VRTSralus/bin/beremote: /lib/i686/libc.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.3' not found (required by /opt/VRTSralus/bin/libvxcrypto.so)
/opt/VRTSralus/bin/beremote: /lib/i686/libc.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.3' not found (required by /opt/VRTSralus/bin/libvxicuuc.so)
/opt/VRTSralus/bin/beremote: /lib/i686/libc.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.3.2' not found (required by /opt/VRTSralus/bin/libndmp_tpfmt.so)
       libstdc++.so.5 => not found
       libgcc_s.so.1 => not found

Now, on the Redhat web site,  I don't manage to find the good files of the libraries.

Could you help me on this subject?

Patty_McGowan
Level 6
Employee
Patrice,

RH 7.2 is not supported with Backup Exec 11d.

That may be why you can not find the packages that are necessary.

Patty

Patty_McGowan
Level 6
Employee
Patrice,

Here is the link to the SCL:

Patty

Patrice_2
Level 2
Thank you Patty about your support...
I will discuss with my provider of Backup Exec!!! Smiley Mad

john7866
Level 2
For older Red Hat versions, there is a legacy agent that can be used.  In your Backup Exec folder, do you see a folder called Agents with another folder inside called Legacy Unix Agent?  There is a tar file there with the legacy agent installer.  It's a little different than the current RALUS agent and listens on port 8192 instead of port 10000.

As a side note, I also encountered the same error trying to install RALUS on a Fedora Core 4 server.  There is a package out there called compat-gcc-c++ that fixes this problem.

Symanticus
Level 6
Hi All,

my system is: Linux LinDeb-login01 2.6.26-2-686 #1 SMP Thu Mar 26 01:08:11 UTC 2009 i686 GNU/Linux

when i tried to start the agent manually, it got error same asbove and the error log is like the following:

LinDeb-login01:/etc/VRTSralus# vi /var/VRTSralus/beremote.service.log
/opt/VRTSralus/bin/beremote: error while loading shared libraries: libstdc++.so.5: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

where and how can I download the runtime libraries then ?

Thanks.