cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error opening registry key Document ID: 273086

Shawn_Flynn_2
Level 3
I have backup exec installed on my PDC. I am trying to install IDR on my BDC and receive the error below.
I followed the instructions. ANd still receive the same error.
Thoughts?
BTW- I am backing up just fine. But thought I should take advantage of this option I purchased.
thanks
shawn

When creating an ISO file for Intelligent Disaster Recovery (IDR) on a Dell PowerEdge Server, with the Perc4e RAID controller or the SATA RAID controller, the following error may occur:

Perc 4e RAID controller:
Error opening registry key SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Enum\PCI\VEN_1028&DEV_0013&SUBSYS_016E1028&REV04\5&18f62fd7&0&700010 on \\SERVER. The system cannot find the file specified.
To work around this issue, the values must be swapped.

1. Rename the value:
HKey_Local_Machine | System | CurrentControlSet | Services | MRAID35X | Enum | 0
to
HKey_Local_Machine | System | CurrentControlSet | Services | MRAID35X | Enum | 0old

2. Rename the value:
HKey_Local_Machine | System | CurrentControlSet | Services | MRAID35X | Enum | 1
to
HKey_Local_Machine | System | CurrentControlSet | Services | MRAID35X | Enum | 1old

3. Create a new String value, named 0. Copy the contents of 1old into this value.
4. Create a new String value, named 1. Copy the contents of 0old into this value
1 REPLY 1

Shawn_Flynn_2
Level 3
Will rephrase question