cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error "-551 The last consistent time for the database has not been matched" when trying to restore Exchange mailbox

Bombadillo
Level 2
BackupExec 2010, restoring Exchange 2007 mailbox.

The restore operation goes through the 'staging' stage fine, then gives the following error:

V-79-57344-759
  - Unable to complete the operation for the selected resource using the specified options.  The following error was returned when opening the Exchange Database file:  '-551 The last consistent time for the database has not been matched. '

Job Completion Status produces the following error:

Completed status: Failed
Final error: 0xe00002f7 - Cannot extract mailbox messages from the Exchange backup. Review the job log for more information.
Final error category: Resource Errors

For additional information regarding this error refer to link V-79-57344-759

This link does not provide any insight to the matter. 

Any help at all will be greatly appreciated!!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Bombadillo
Level 2
OK, problem solved.... sort of! I realized that although the restore was ending with the said error, the mailbox was created and the items restored nevertheless!!!

So very weird!!!

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited
Hi there,

Does the temporary location you are staging to have enough disk space?
If not, consider changing that in Tools --> Options --> Exchange, or staging to disk as per the article below
https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/articles/restoring-exchange-or-individual-mailboxesitems-usi...
Laters!

Bombadillo
Level 2
Hello Craig,

It's got twice the size of the Exchange Information store.... I'm not sure the message "The last consistent time for the database has not been matched" has anything to do with disk space, too

CraigV

Mmm...You're not backing up that Information Store with AOFO? Is it clearing your logs at all?

I am also going to hit the flag on this to escalate it...there doesn't appear to be anything on this particular error...

Bombadillo
Level 2
OK, problem solved.... sort of! I realized that although the restore was ending with the said error, the mailbox was created and the items restored nevertheless!!!

So very weird!!!

CraigV
Cool...will you close off this forum query with the solution?

Thanks.