cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error "The Account Is Not Authorized to Login from This Station"

Srini_Reddy
Level 4
Hi,

I am getting the error: "The Account Is Not Authorized to Login from This Station" when I am browsing the servers to edit the job selections or when I am doing selections for the restoration.

As a temporary fix, have removed the backup server from the domain and added it back. It works for that time but the problem occurs again after some days.
Seems this is some thing to be done with the local system policies but not sure what exactly needs to be done to fix this issue permanently.

Please can you advice any permanent fix for this issue.

Cheers,
Srini Reddy.
15 REPLIES 15

Ken_Putnam
Level 6
Verify that the BackupExec service account has permision to "Logon Locally" on all servers in the Domain

Deepali_Badave
Level 6
Employee
Hello,

Please update us on this issue.

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answered and would be moved to answered questions pool.Message was edited by:
Deepali Badave

Srini_Reddy
Level 4
Ken, Deepali,

Thanks for the update.

Have given the credentials of an ID which is member of Administrators, Backup Operators, Domain Admins, Domain Users, Enterprise Admins, and Web server Admins default groups. But still this ID doesn�t have access to log on locally with the same credentials to any other servers. This ID can log on only to the domain.

Please can you advice what�s the best way to assign log on locally access to this ID from all servers?

Cheers,
Srini Reddy

Srini_Reddy
Level 4
Dear Veritas Support,

Please can I get any solutions on this ?
I would greatly appreciate if you could speed up the response to get the issues resolved ASAP.

If each reply takes a day or two, it would defiantly takes couple of weeks to resolve each issues. While all other companies are running with jet speed getting the issues resolved, these slow replies from veritas support could affect the end users business.

I appreciate your help greatly...But please speed up the responses.

Cheers,
Srini Reddy

Srini_Reddy
Level 4
Hello,

Can you advice any solution on this please.
Please let me know whats the SLA time for the reply.I could not find any update even for 2-3 days.

Srini_Reddy
Level 4
Hello,

Any update on this please??!!!!

Srini_Reddy
Level 4
Hello,

Any update on this please??
The last update was done a week back for this thread by Veritas.
Would appreciate if the thread can be updated.

Cheers,
Srini Reddy

Srini_Reddy
Level 4
Hello,

Any update on this please??
The last update was done a week back for this thread by Veritas.
Would appreciate if the thread can be updated.

Cheers,
Srini Reddy

Asma_Tamboli
Level 6
Hello,

what is the Operating system thats running on the remote machines that you are trying to select?

Is file and print sharing enabled on these?

Does a "ping" work from the remote machine to the media server and the vice versa?

Please ensure that the remote agent service is running under Lokal System account on media server as well as the remote machine.

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answered and would be moved to answered questions pool.

Srini_Reddy
Level 4
Thanks for the reply.

Remote systems are running on Windows 2000 and Windows 2003 Servers and backup Server is running on Windows 2000 Server.
All backup agent and server services are running under system log on account only.
Ping is working from both sides.
File and Print sharing is also enabled.

Please can you advice further on this?

Asma_Tamboli
Level 6
Hi,

Could you create a user defined selection for one of the machines and then try selecting the resources from the machine? Please refer to the following document to do the same:

http://support.veritas.com/docs/254193

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answered and would be moved to answered questions pool.

Srini_Reddy
Level 4
Mates,

Please can you advice on this further.

Cheers,
Srini Reddy.

Amruta_Bhide
Level 6
Hello,

Did you try the Option suggested by Asma in the previous reply?

Note : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked �assumed answered� and would be moved to �answered questions� pool.

Thanks.

Srini_Reddy
Level 4
Thanks for the Post.

We already have both kind of selection with the name of the Server and with user-defined selection. When i got the problem its affecting both selections. Hence this could not be any fix.

Please can you advice further.

Deepali_Badave
Level 6
Employee
Hello,

Please note that account whiwch you are using should have domain admin rights and local admin rights on the remote server.