cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error when Running "Validate VM for recovery"

Eddy_Cue
Level 2

Dear backup Exec Experts, 

Please forgive me if this topic is posted multiple times or if it is posted in the wrong section. I have Backup Exec 16 running on a Windows Server 2012 R2. I use Backup Exec to backup a Hyper-V Host with three Virtual Machines and several other Windows servers. I am trying to test my backups to make sure it is working to avoid problems if a disaster occurs. I created a job to validate one of the VM's for recovery and it fails. I get the following error "The job failed with the following error: Backup Exec was unable to access the backup set that is required for the validation of the selected virtual machine." Clicking the link to the knowledge base article takes me to a removed article page. Can someone please tell me what is causing the job to fail? Thanks in advance for any replies. 

Thanks

-Eddy

3 REPLIES 3

Riyaj_S
Employee Accredited Certified

Is this CAS - MEBS setup? Is Hyper-V version different than original server? following article should help,

http://www.veritas.com/docs/000126214

Thank and Regards,

Riyaj

GaneshTambat
Level 2
Employee

From the error message this looks like an issue related to either netowrk connectivity or permissions. Backup Exec server SGMon logs (Engine, RAWS options) and RAWS side SGMon logs will help to narrow down the issue.

Hi Riyaj_S,

Sorry for the delay in replying. The link seems to be dead.