cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error when doing an Exchange 2007 GRT full backup

be-nugget
Level 5

Hello,

We have an issue whereby at some point a full backup of Exchange 2007 with GRT fails to complete successfully. System runs BE 12.5.  It errors as follows:

V-79-57344-759 - Unable to complete the operation for the selected resource using the specified opti...

I am struggling to find any further information on the symantec support side of things to lead me in the right direction, nothing has changed on the exchange as far as we are aware.

6 REPLIES 6

Kiran_Bandi
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Refer the following TN..

http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH65955

Hope this helps..

Digitalpiccasso
Level 3
Accredited Certified

Hello,

Please have Backup Exec 12.5 updated with the latest hotfixes and service packs. Also update the Remote Agent on the Exchange server.

Re-run the job after the updates have been applied.

If you find this as helpful, give a thumbs up or Mark as Solution.

be-nugget
Level 5

Do you think that installing SP4 will cover the hotfix mentioned?

Kiran_Bandi
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Yes, I think.

Kiran_Bandi
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Hi be-nugget,

Any news here?

If your issue got resolved, can you please close the discussion by marking solution?

Thanks.

itsmeaffinity
Level 6

Hi ,

Also Be-nugget please be aware that BE 125 doesn't support Exchange 2007 with sp3 so if in your case you are using exchange 2007 sp3 & even if your backups have been working fine in past this configuration wouldn't be supported configuration , so  it is good time to upgrade to BE 2010 r2 which would also help you in getting more stable backup & restore jobs as lot of known issues have been fixed in BE 2010 r2 & also it gives you option to backup exchange 2010

& about do you have to pay for BE 2010 r2 upgrade will depend on your maintainence contract with symantec if you have 1 year maintainence contract then the upgrade would be free in such case.

Please use the link below to download version 2010 r2 were you can download 3 GB ISO file which will be compatible any of the OS lie 32 or 64 bit

https://www4.symantec.com/Vrt/offer?a_id=93355

Will wait for your further updates on same , have good weekend

Thank You