cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error when trying to restore data in or DR site

yorick_r
Level 2

Hi folks,

I am not able to restore files and folders with symantec bacukp exec 2010 R2.
There is an RODC on site that is connected to an PDC and replicating and working.

I am using an account that has the following user assignments, In my point of view only Backup , restoring and and the token is needed.

Policy Setting
Back up files and directories X
Create a token object X
Log on as a batch job X
Log on as a service X
Manage auditing and security log X
Restore files and directories X
Take ownership of files or other objects X

V-79-57344-33928 - Access denied - unable to restore file Agent.ini.
Access denied to file Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\McAfee\Common Framework\agen...

Any suggestions about the error, it iare just some files and directories.

Windows server 2003 SP2 is the operating system.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Hi,

I've had experience with McAfee blocking BE's access to *.ini files. This would be set up in a policy, so stop the McAfee agents and services on the restore target and try again.

Thanks!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

CraigV

Hi,

I've had experience with McAfee blocking BE's access to *.ini files. This would be set up in a policy, so stop the McAfee agents and services on the restore target and try again.

Thanks!

yorick_r
Level 2

Excellent! I even did not think about that because I was searching into the wrong direction, Ill let u know

yorick_r
Level 2

It worked, the error presented is gone, now i am getting an error that it cannot conect the machine, but ill figure that one out for myself :) It has to do with the agent after setting back the systemstate it does not run any more cause if forgot to tick on the c:\ drive

I hope thats the probem with getting the error cannot acces remote agent.

CraigV

...cool. Please mark the post above as the solution then :)

Also make sure the RAWS agent didn't stop for some reason during the restore...it can cause that particular error.

Thanks!