cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error when trying to run job using ADBO

Steve_Pasq
Level 3
Hello,

I am trying to backup one of my file servers using the ADBO option and I am getting the following error:

Job ended: Wednesday, October 24, 2007 at 10:40:05 AM
Completed status: Failed
Final error: 0xe0008534 - Backup Exec could not find a Microsoft Volume Shadow Copy Services (VSS) software or hardware provider on the media server. To use offhost backup, a VSS provider must be installed on both the media server and on the remote computer.
Final error category: System Errors

For additional information regarding this error refer to link
V-79-57344-34100

I checked all additional info I can find and nothing seems to work. I read that you cannot use AOFO option at the same time so I disabled that and reran the job. It still fails with the same error. I also read that AOFO agent needs to be installed on the remote server, which it is. These two points seem to contradict but nevertheless it is not working. VSS service is started on my Media Server as well as the remote server I am trying to backup. ADBO is set to use offhost backup and Automatic for the snapshot provider. The only thing I changed from the default settings is to make the job immediately fail if offhost backup is not supported.

Media Server: Windows Server 2003 R2 Enterprise edition SP2
Remote Server: Windows Server 2003 Standard Edition SP2
Has anyone else had this issue and been able to resolve?

Thanks,
-Steve
0 REPLIES 0