cancel
Showing results forΒ 
Search instead forΒ 
Did you mean:Β 

Errors after installing Service Pack 3.

Glen_Vellino
Level 2
I'm running Backup Exec Version 10.1 Rev. 5629 on a Windows 2003 Server with Service Pack 1. There are no SQL Databases apart from BE on this Server and it's not an Exchange Server either. Everything was running seamlessly.

Since installing Backup Exec 10.1 Service Pack 3 my jobs are failing as described below (details from the Job Log).

Job Completion Status

For additional information regarding this error refer to link V-79-32772-8966

Errors

AOFO: Initialization failure on: "Shadow?Copy?Components". Advanced Open File Option used: Microsoft Volume Shadow Copy Service (VSS).
VSS Snapshot error. The Microsoft Volume Shadow Copy Service (VSS) snapshot failed. Make sure that all provider services and tasks are running. Check the Windows Event Viewer for details.

Microsoft Event Viewer

1)
AOFO: Initialization failure on: "Shadow?Copy?Components". Advanced Open File Option used: Microsoft Volume Shadow Copy Service (VSS).
VSS Snapshot error. The Microsoft Volume Shadow Copy Service (VSS) snapshot failed. Make sure that all provider services and tasks are running. Check the Windows Event Viewer for details.

2)
Volume Shadow Copy Service error: The I/O writes cannot be held during the shadow copy creation period on volume \\?\Volume{d65fb6a7-efe3-11da-84d7-806e6f6e6963}\. The volume index in the shadow copy set is 0. Error details: Open, Flush, Release, OnRun.

-----

I haven't bought the AOF Option and it is greyed out and unchecked in the Backup Job Properties, i.e it's not in use. All Services and Dependent Services appear to be running.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
0 REPLIES 0