cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Estimated Time Remaning - 78 years

rob-s-smith
Level 2

Hi

My backups have run fine for a long time. Todays seemed to be taking a long time - I only need to Backup about 980Gb across three servers. I thought Id check how long to go, it said there are 691542 Hours remaining, and the estimated size of the backup is 18,446,744,073,709,551,540 bytes. It looks like Im going to have to get my great grandson to change the tapes.

Anyone seen this before. Im using Backup Exec 12.5 Rev 2213

Rob

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Hi Rob,

Update your media server with the latest service pack for BE 12.5, and then install any remaining patches before push-installing them to your remote servers.

Try the backup after that again and post the results.

Thanks!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Hi Rob,

Update your media server with the latest service pack for BE 12.5, and then install any remaining patches before push-installing them to your remote servers.

Try the backup after that again and post the results.

Thanks!

John_Bonaccorso
Level 4

Hi Rob,

CraigV is right on the money.  The only time I've seen issues with backup jobs like this is when the Media Server and Client Servers' patch levels do not match.  Beware of some of the advice you read here though.  I've seen some forums where someone will tell the person to turn off prescan.  That only puts a bandaid on the problem. (I mean really, why would anyone ever not want to know how much longer a job is going to take?)   Also something to think about is upgrading to 2010 R3.  There are a lot of cool new features Let us know how it turns out.

John B.

rob-s-smith
Level 2

This problem hasnt reoccured but Ill follow your advice and make sure clients are fully patched as well as media server (which I keep up to date)

Rob

Amarnath_Sathis
Level 5

Greetings Rob,

Installing and updating the latest patches on media servers and client's is the primary one.

Also we need a look at the data transfer rate and writing speeding of the backups. To ensure everything is fine for backups to complete.