Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup Exec 2012 DLO

Wangui
Level 4
Partner Accredited

Hey guys,

Just need a clarification on DLO.

Now that it is a stand alone product on BE 2012, does this mean I don't need to install BE 2012 Server first? I haven't worked with it yet and I don't want to guess.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

pkh
   VIP    Certified

You don't need either BE or NBU to run DLO 7.  It will backup the users' file to the DLO server.  However, you would need either BE or NBU to back these backed up files to some long-term storage media.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

ZeRoC00L
Level 6
Partner Accredited

BE 2012 DLO will be a separate product. See this thread:

https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/forums/it-possible-implement-backup-exec-dlo-mixed-environme...

DLO would be no longer part of Backup Exec & Netbackup....it would be featured as a separate product being released as Symantec DLO 7.0

Wangui
Level 4
Partner Accredited

Meaning I don't need to install BE 2012 Server?

ZeRoC00L
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Checked the admin guide, it does not mention Backup Exec as requirement. Looks like a 'standalone' product. No requirement for BE or Netbackup.

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=DOC5268&key=61042

pkh
   VIP    Certified

You don't need either BE or NBU to run DLO 7.  It will backup the users' file to the DLO server.  However, you would need either BE or NBU to back these backed up files to some long-term storage media.

Prabhu_Rajan
Level 3
Partner Accredited

Hi,

We have a existing setup running like Backup Exec 2010 R2 with DLO running, Now we would like to upgrade the software to BE2012.

May i know the procedures?

Where i can download the DLO 7.0 - Seperately.

Shall i use the same server to install the both BE2012 and DLO 7.0 ( currently we are using the single server)

If we can use the same server which one can be installed first?

what are the upgrade procedures?

How about the profiles, Storage and userassignments of the current DLO?

What are the impacts to achieve the same?

kindly clarify this to move forward.

Thanks in advance.