cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Event ID 2019 and 333 (Veritas 10 SBS)

Teresa_Bell
Level 2
I have a new SBS server install running veritas 10 SBS. It seems that when the client forgets to put the tape in and veritas is alerting for insert overwritable media, after several hours the server then gets event id 2019 and 333 in the event logs and the server locks up. A reboot fixes it, but I've had this happen several times now. Client getting a bit testy. found this posting:
As per Microsoft: "A memory leak may occur in an application that uses the Volume Shadow Copy service on a computer that is running Microsoft Windows Server 2003. This problem occurs because of a memory leak in cryptographic services (Cryptsvc.dll). Any application that is using cryptographic services, such as the Volume Shadow Copy service, may experience this problem". I experienced this problem using Veritas Backup Exec. Installing the hotfix M870973 will resolve this problem.
Article ID : 870973 on MS site.
Anyone else run into this and have you installed the hotfix? Is this a veritas issue? Perhaps I need a newer version? I have 10 ver 5484.

Thanks for any suggestions!
T Bell, MCSE
1 REPLY 1

padmaja_rajopad
Level 6
Hi,

Are you using the Advanced Open File Option...?

Is Event ID 2019 logged in immediately after Backup Exec logs an event for insering overwritable media..?

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answered and would be moved to the answered questions pool.