cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Event ID: 34113

Peter_Richmond
Level 2
This is what we have been getting about once or twice a week on the backup server.

Event ID: 34113

Backup Exec Alert: Job Failed
(Server: "ADVAGS4") (Job: "! Backup To File - Daily - ADVAMSP3 Exchange System") ! Backup To File - Daily - ADVAMSP3 Exchange System -- The job failed with the following error: A communications failure has occurred.

This event is at the other side the Exchange server:

Event ID: 57923

An error occurred while backing up Microsoft Exchange Server store \\ADVAMSP3\Microsoft Exchange Information Store. The database file being backed up was \\ADVAMSP3\E$\exchsrvr\MDBDATA\PRIV.EDB.
Error code: 0xC7FF000D
Error message: A communications error occurred while attempting to perform a local backup.

Don't tell me that the Info store is corrupted because it just isn't

We are also getting similar messages/errors backing up the mailboxes on this and the other 2 exchange servers. I am hoping that someone can point me to a coms issues

Thanks
Peter
6 REPLIES 6

priya_khire
Level 6
Hello,

On how many Exchange servers do you get ths error?
Are you backing up the Exchange M: drive in the job? If so, deselct it from the backup and then run the job as selecting it can cause corruption of the Exchange Information store. For more information on this, refer to the following technote:

Title: "A communications failure has occurred" (a000fe30 HEX or e000fe30 HEX) is reported during a failed backup job
http://support.veritas.com/docs/255814

Hope this information helps you in resolving the problem. If the issue persists, write back to the forum with details on the 'number of Exchange servers', the backup selections, the exact error code and the modifications made.

In case we do not receive your update on this within two business days, this post would be marked ‘assumed answered’ and would be moved to ‘answered questions’ pool.

Regards.

Peter_Richmond
Level 2
This is a Exchange 5.5 sp4 on Win2k server and we are backing up 2 others successfully but this one has been causing us some grief. Failed again last night
COPY Database - Logs
I believe we should do a
Full Backup - Flush Logs Weekly
Differential - Logs Daily
Is this a good method
It was only discovered yesterday that some clown had been doing a COPY Database - Logs Plus a File backup of the Info Store. There goes potenial for Database corruption there.
Peter

Renuka_-
Level 6
Employee
hello,

1. For the error message troubleshoot I assume that you have verified the selection of M drive as per the technote provided previously .

In the Exchange server's bpbkar log file, check the error message recorded and write back.

This error occurs if the Exchange maintenance is running at the smae time that the exchange server is being backed up.Alter the schedule of either the Exchange maintenance or backups so they do not overlap.

To backup the exchange server correctly we have an official document that describes the backup methods advised please refer to this :

2. Refer to page 1135 of administration guide to backup an exchange 5.5 server.

http://support.veritas.com/docs/266190

If you are doing a COPY Database - Logs Plus a File backup of the Info Store. There is no harm except that for both these backups the exchange services are strongly advised to be stopped.

Both these backups cannot be done while the log files or the database files are in use that is the reason the backup has to be done when the Exchange server is offline.

Else you may buy the backup exec exhange agent to do online backups of the exchange server.

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answeredand would be moved toanswered questions pool.

Peter_Richmond
Level 2
Backup - \\ADVAMSP3\Microsoft Exchange Information Store The Exchange Store service is not responding. Backup set canceled.
Database or database element is corrupt

Exchange maintenance had been running at the same time I have only today changed that.

We are running the Exchange Agent on all Exch servers.

Which of these files does BE use if any?
edbbcli.dll
ese.dll
eseback.dll
eseperf.dll
These files are at different version levels as the other 2 Exchange servers.
If any of these files are used by BE ver 9 what version should they be?

PeterR

Amruta_Purandar
Level 6
Hello,

Verify that the version of EDBBCLI.DLL match on the Backup Exec server and the Exchange server. If they don't the Exchange service packs may be out of sync. The Backup Exec server must have the same Service Pack for Exchange as the Exchange server.

Revert with the results.

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answered and would be moved to answered questions pool.

Peter_Richmond
Level 2
The Backup server does not have Exchange installed. It is a WIN2K Server running BE 9 no EDDBCLI.DLL.

How ever you are partialy correct in that I have discovered that this exchange server has earlier versions of
Edbbcli.dll
Ese.dll
Eseback.dll
Eseperf.dll
These files will be patched to the same level as the other Exchange servers that have been backing up fine with a Change happening on Thursday evening - Q309149.

I will say that this question has been answered with all your help as I suspect that once I complete the update there will hopefully be no problems or we will have something else to look at. At such a time I will re post this question Thanks again to all.