cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup-to-Disk Size limitation

Korey_Verlsteff
Level 3
Is there a limitation for the partition size for backup-to-disk? I have a 6TB (1 big partition) Promise VTrak 15100 box hooked up directly via SCSI to the backup server. Windows can see it just fine and I can read/write files to it with no problems. When I try to backup using the b2d folder veritas will just queue the job indefinably. When I do a test run the only thing that fails is:

Capacity check status : Failed
9 REPLIES 9

Ashutosh_Tamhan
Level 6
Hi there,

are you able to create the backup-2-disk folder in BEWS? Does it show you the drive name etc?
Check if the b2d folder is shown as online?

http://support.veritas.com/docs/239539 can also help you

Can NTBackup write a BKF file to this drive? I mean try running a backup using NtBackup.

Regards,
Ashutosh

Korey_Verlsteff
Level 3
Yes, I can create the b2d folder and it's status is online. NTBackup can backup to it just fine.

Keith_Watson
Level 4
What size of the "Maximum size of the B2D files" did you set. I had failure issues because the size was set to big.

Renuka_-
Level 6
Employee
Hello,

1. Please check if the backup is targetted specifically to this backup to disk folder or is it targetted to 'all drives'.

2. The disk has been formatted using what format.

3. As mentioned in the last post what is the seize for the backup to dik folder.

4. What are the selections made in the advanced selections.

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answeredand would be moved toanswered questions pool.

Korey_Verlsteff
Level 3
1. Yes, I'm specifing the b2d as the target
2. NTFS
3. Default -1GB, 100 set per
4. Advanced selections where? Please be more specific.

On a side note I setup a b2d folder on the local 80gb drive. Works like it should.

Ajit_Kulkarni
Level 6
Hello,

Please elaborate about the drive Promise VTrak 15100 that you are using.

What type of drive it is ?
If you go to the Device Manager, under CD-rom, how is detected ?

Waiting for the reply.

Regards

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked ‘assumed answered’ and would be moved to ‘answered questions’ pool.

Korey_Verlsteff
Level 3
The VTrak 15100 is an external RAID Storage connected through SCSI

http://www.promise.com/product/product_detail_eng.asp?segment=VTrak&product_id=115

Device Manager sees the device as a disk drive. It's listed as a Promise 15 DIsk RAID 5 SCSI Disk Device.

Shyam_Sundar
Level 6
Hello,

Please check whether the device is compatible and listed in the Hardware Compatibility List (HCL) of Backup Exec 10.0 from the following link :

http://support.veritas.com/docs/274347

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked "assumed answered" and would be moved to "answered questions"pool.

anoop_nair
Level 4
Hello Shyam,

What if the customer faces the issue exactly after 48 hours(2days), say 48 hours and 1 minute???? :))