cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exabyte drive doesn't show up in BE10d

Darron_Findlay
Level 2
I have a new installation of Backup Exec 10d rev 5629. The server is Windows 2003 R2 SP1. The tape drive is an Exabyte VXA Packetloader (10 slot loader) with a VXA-3 tape drive in it.

Backup Exec recognizes the loader but not the drive. It's simply not there and doesn't show up in the device configuration wizard.

Windows device manager shows an unknown medium loader and an Exabyte VXA-3 tape drive with Symantec drivers. Driver version 5.1.21.0.

I have uninstalled the tape drive from device manager and let Backup Exec re-install the driver but nothing changes.

I've installed the Symantec driver file BackupExecTapeDeviceDriverInstall20060815_284707.exe and re-installed the tape device. Is this the correct driver file?
1 REPLY 1

Joseph_Mitura
Not applicable
Darron,

I had the same problem with an Exabyte 224 Magnum Autoloader. I found the Backup Exec 10d for Windows Servers Hardware Compatability Lists.pdf and in it a little footnote about my device, which had completely different drivers for the Magnum. When I looked up your device I saw http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/282974.htm as the link as agian a little footnote, and when you browse there , there is a big red disclaimer about chaning drivers, etc.

So in short I don't know if this helps, but if I knew about that little foot note in my case it would have saved me weeks of frustration.

Joe Mitura