cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BE12 Installed, need to push 12 RAWS to old BE10d server, doesnt work

teeboli
Level 2

I have BE12 SP1 installed on new server and wish to push the BE12 Agent (Remote Agent for Windows Systems) to our production file server which has Backup Exec 10d media server on it for local file server backup purposes.  I would like to target this server from my new BE12 server instance but I am getting an error when trying this saying that BE is already installed.  My dilemma is that I don't want to uninstall the BE 10d instance on this server if at all possible as this 10d media server would facilitate restores from the old tapes.

Can I push a 12 RAWS agent to an old BE 10d media server without uninstalling BE 10d from that box, is there a way?

Can I just follow the manual RAWS removal tech doc to remove just the RAWS component from the 10d server and then be able to push the 12 agent to this box?

Thanks in advance

4 REPLIES 4

Vijay_S_Mishra
Level 6
Employee Certified
You can stop and disable the BEWS 10d and MSSQL(bkupexec) services and then try the installing remote agent. 

teeboli
Level 2

tried this thanks but did not work.  I still get the following "Backup Exec for Windows Server is already installed on x.x.x.x.  Select another computer to install Backup Exec on. ...."

I really would like to hang on and not uninstall 10d from this server if at all possible (for legacy restores).  I am able to target this server from the new 12 SP1 media server, just not with the agent. 

Any other ideas most appreciated.

Vijay_S_Mishra
Level 6
Employee Certified
The data backed from 10 d can be restored using BEWS 12.0.

teeboli
Level 2
the 10d server has a HP DLT autoloader attached, the new 12sp1 server is attached to an ADIC LTO tape library.  I don't know if the LTO device is backward read compatible (to facilitate restore of DLT archived tapes).  I will check that out