cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exchange 2003 Backup

Not applicable
Whilst performing our daily backup, we always receive the following message.:

ÚLTIMAS TURMAS DO ANO !!!.�&TempTable#1&Access denied to file SMTP (MERCURY-{E3E8E07A-030D-4567-9CCF-7BD4EB259439})

I discovered that this is acutally a system mailbox. I found a document from microsoft explaining how to enable this mailbox user, and then open the mailbox. Now I have 2 doubts to try and resolve this problem so that I can perform a complete mailbox backup.
1. Can I enter this this account using Outlook 2003 and then delete the problematic message. And is this safe?
2. Is there any other way to resolve this problem?
4 REPLIES 4

Dhavalrai_Trive
Level 5
Hi

A brick level backup of the system mailbox is not required as it is created and maintained by the exchange system and you will not have any requirements of restoring a mail message or an calander or contact items for that mailbox.

the safest and easiest thing to do is to just exclude the mailbox from the backup job .

regards

DD

Renuka_-
Level 6
Employee
Hello,

Since this is a system mailbox this is maintained by Exchange and you would not need to back it up. So I would advise you to exclude it from the backup selection.

Sheetal_Risbood
Level 6
Hi,

In reference to our previous reply to your post, we would request you to update us on the progress.

However, if we do not receive your intimation within two business days, this post would be assumed answered and archived.

Thanks.

Sheetal_Risbood
Level 6
Archiving the post as per our previous reply