cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exchange 2003 Backups Failing

lildeb
Level 2
Hi There,

I am running 2 Exchange 2003 servers, one front end and one back end, on Server 2003 and Backup Exec 12.5. On Wednesday we ran MS Updates on both servers and coincidentally, my backups started failing that evening on the front end (webmail) server only.The error I get is:

V-79-57344-65148 - Database was not found and could not be backed up. Please make sure database exists and is mounted.
Backup- \\feserver\Microsoft Information Store\First Storage Group WARNING: "\\feserver\Microsoft Information Store\First Storage Group\Mailbox Store (WEBMAIL)" is a corrupt file.
This file cannot verify.
WARNING: "\\feserver\Microsoft Information Store\First Storage Group\Log files" is a corrupt file.
This file cannot verify.

I have completely uninstalled and reinstalled the remote agent, but backups continue to fail.

Could it be that one of the updates broke the backups? If so, any ideas as to which one and why aren't they failing on both servers?

Any suggestions would be appreciative.

Thanks!
Debbie
3 REPLIES 3

chicojrman
Level 6
http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/269274.htm

chicojrman
Level 6
Look in your Application event log for events from ESE when the backup
starts and see if there are errors or there are events that even indicate
the backup is starting. Let us know what events you are seeing from ESE
when the backup starts.
You could have a corrupted db.

Sujal
Level 2
Partner
I faced the similar issue. In this case first I unmounted and then mounted the database. Also in my policy, in the selection list i unchecked and again checked the storage groups. After this the problem was solved.

Note: Also check that any of the storage group has been renamed or not.