cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exchange 2003 Brick Level Backup

Juerg_Grossenba
Level 3
Hello
i run on Windows 2003 Enterprise an Exchange Cluster with two Nodes. When i Backup the Exchange all will be done, only the Singel Mailboxes (Brick Level) backup will be hang.
I have Backup Exec 9.1 SP2 and all Hotfixes installed.

Can you help me?

best regards, Juerg
5 REPLIES 5

Asma_Tamboli
Level 6
hello,

* Are you using AOFO while backing up the mailboxes? If yes, unselect the option and then try backing up the mailboxes.

* Have you already installed the hotfix 47?

http://support.veritas.com/docs/275354

9.1.4691 Hotfix 47 - Exchange Mailbox Backups (Backing up Microsoft Exchange mailboxes may cause the backup job to hang) *Requires Backup Exec 9.1.4691 Service Pack 2

* Before installing the hotfix to Backup Exec 9.1 media servers on each node of a Microsoft cluster,did you stop the Backup Exec services using "Cluster Administrator".

* have the Mailboxes been moved from 5.5 or has the Exchange server been upgraded to 2000 or 2003? check out the foll document:

http://support.veritas.com/docs/268890

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked "assumed answered" and would be moved to "answered questions" pool.

Juerg_Grossenba
Level 3
Helllo,
thank you for your answer.
I don't use the AOFO Option and i have already installed the Hotfix 47.
The Exchange Mailboxes i moved from an Exchange 2000 Server in the same OU.

What du you mean with stop the Backup Exec Service using Cluster Administrator?
I have an seperatly Media server with Veritas Backup running. Than the both nodes with the Exchange.
On the nodes i see the Service "Backup Exec Remote Agent for Windows Servers" running.
On my Cluster Administration Tool i see my entries for the Cluster. Must i have an Backup Exec Task inside this?
MfG, Juerg

Chaitanya_Khurj
Level 6
Hello Juerg,

Have you installed the recommended Hotfix ? After doing that have you reinstalled the Remote agent on both the exchange nodes ?

Please give us an update.

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked ‘assumed answered’ and would be moved to ‘answered questions’ pool.

Juerg_Grossenba
Level 3
Hello Chaitanya,
yes i have installes the recommended Hotfix and i also reinstalled the Agents on both nodes.
best regards, Juerg

Amruta_Bhide
Level 6
Hello,
- Can you please let us know if you get any errors or event IDs in the Application or system event logs?
- Also, is your Exchange cluster aware?
- Do you select it under the actual nodes or from under the Virtual nodes?
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Please let us know.
==============================================
==============================================

Additional Information :
For information on the recent VERITAS Backup Exec security vulnerabilities, including links to the downloads for the necessary hotfixes, please refer to the following document:
Patch summary for Security Advisories VX05-001, VX05-002, VX05-003, VX05-005, VX05-006, VX05-007

http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/277429.htm

Note : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked ‘assumed answered’ and would be moved to ‘answered questions’ pool.

Thanks.