cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exchange 2003 Recovery Storage Group Restore Failure

WhittZ
Not applicable
Partner Accredited
This has been brought up by many others in the past without results.  I am attempting to restore a single Exchange 2003 store to the recovery storage group and I get the following error from Backup Exec 11d:

Final error: 0xe000ff00 - Unable to restore some Microsoft Exchange components because one or more of the databases are currently mounted or because the Recovery Storage Group is not properly configured. Use the Exchange System Manager to check the configuration of the Recovery Storage Group and the mount status of the databases. Final error category: Resource Errors
Interesting notes:

1. We are NOT using snapshot technologies.
2. The backup job backs up all stores on the server (4 of them).  The other 3 stores CAN be restored, just the one can not (the one we NEED).  This has been tested from several tapes going back over several months.  Always the same job (the one we NEED) fails.
3. I have built a isolated recovery server to restore to (reminds me of Exchange 5.x days), and the same store generates the same error message.  I have even attempted to restore over the other database (on recovery server) - to no avail.

Note: Going forward, problem(s) has been resolved using Windows backup and using BackupExec 'only' for moving the .bkf file to tape.

Any assistance would be greatly apprecdiate by myself and many, many others.
1 REPLY 1

Ben_L_
Level 6
Employee
Whittz,

Can you make sure that the directory the Recovery Storage Group is setup to use is completely empty?  I have run across this same issue before when the physical location still had some files in it from a previous restore.