cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exchange 2003 Transaction Logs not flushing

Donnie_Francis
Level 4
From searching through the forums I see many others have this issue.

After following what was in those posts I am still having the problem. Are there any other solutions on this or is there maybe a hotfix I am not seeing for some reason.

This is obviously an issue with 10, prior to 10 I had no issue.

Thank You
9 REPLIES 9

Donnie_Francis
Level 4
To clarify this is on Windows Server 2003 SP1 with Exchange 2003 SP1 and BE10d.

Just to go over what I have already done:

- Picked the Microsoft OFO option with the proper option

- Run a Windows backup to flush logs (and they did for NTbackup but NOT for BackupExec run rught after)

- Reinstalled BackupExec Client

- Backup is set of course to "Full Commit and Flush logs"

- Circular Logging is not enabled

- The entire Information Store is selected

tejashree_Bhate
Level 6
Hello,

Refer to the technote given below.

(title) After a backup of an Exchange 2000 Information Store, the transaction logs are not flushed, even if the backup method was set to "FULL (flush committed logs)" or "INCREMENTAL (flush committed logs)".

http://support.veritas.com/docs/252680
Note:- if we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be assumed answered and archived.

Donnie_Francis
Level 4
Hello, please refer to the last line of the post you replied to...

Sharvari_Deshmu
Level 6
Hello,

Have you selected AOFO if yes please deselect it and then verify the result.

Thanks,

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answered and would be moved to answered questions pool.

Donnie_Francis
Level 4
I ran a seperate backup with AOFO off and this seems to have cleared the logs.

BUT

Earlier this week running the same backup that has not been clearing the logs it did clear them but only once out of 5 days.

Sharvari_Deshmu
Level 6
Hello,

Please try deslecting AOFO option for some time and then verify the result.

Thanks,

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answered and would be moved to answered questions pool.

Donnie_Francis
Level 4
What difference does it make? if it works only without OFO that is still a problem. And if it that test fails then I still have the same issue.

Donnie_Francis
Level 4
Over the weekend my Fulls ran but still the same issue. Exchange logs not purged. This job did have OFO set though.

Donnie_Francis
Level 4
If I run a backup on the Information Store WITHOUT OFO on, it will flush the logs.