cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exchange 2003 redirection problem

Cameron_Welles
Level 3
When performing a restore of an individual mailbox, I have followed all of the instructions in KB264815 to the letter, and even mounted then dismounted the RSG as another user had suggested, but the restores are going back into the active mailbox in the normal storage group. My understanding is that BUE is supposed to detect that the RSG is active and restore to that, but it won't. I've tried the restore several times and no matter what I do it will not restore into the RSG.

In addition, I am getting 'final error 0xa000848a error restoring one or more files' which I suspect is becuase it is trying to restore into the active storage group.

Anyone have any suggestions?

I am using BUE 9.1 on SBS 2003 (Exchange 2003)

thanks

CW
5 REPLIES 5

Cameron_Welles
Level 3
I also marked the database in the RSG as being able to be overwritten by a restore.

thanks

cc

STeve_O
Level 5
Your production store is supposed to be mounted and active. The RSG is supposed to be DISMOUNTED and Marked for database can be restored.

BE will detect the production store in use and roll to the unmounted RSG which its supposed to.

Cameron_Welles
Level 3
Thanks! That is the case, RSG dismounted and active store mounted. I had been trying to restore a single mailbox but after more checking, discovered that I need to restore the entire information store.

When I try to recover the entire store, I am now getting the following error:

Error: The database Public Folder Store (SERVER) must be created prior to restore.

I am not trying to restore the public mail store and am aware that RSG does not support public folder restores. An old post on the forum mentioned that that error could indicate a problem with the Exchange Server. Only problem with that here is that it is a new installation (acutally a reinstall after a windows failure). When I try to mount the database in the RSG, I can't.

Any ideas?

Thanks

CW

STeve_O
Level 5
Are you selecting the public folder in the restore selection? If so remove them.

This would be under you restore slection for the Information store Icon - storage group name

Cameron_Welles
Level 3
I realized that after my last post. I got the restore to complete successfully, but when I went to mount the database in the RSG, I got an error stating that a hard recovery had not been done on the database. If the backup had been created successfully, I should not have to do a hard recovery, should I?

Thanks for your help,

CW