cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exchange 2003 Mailbox restore problem

Cameron_Welles
Level 3
I've got what I think is a big problem with Exchange 2003 SP2 after an individual mailbox restore. I set up a Recovery Storage Group and set BUE to restore a single mailbox to it. However, the syntax in the Exchange redirection must have been incorrect as the mailbox restored into the active storage group database rather than the Recovery Group. I was attempting to restore a mailbox for the same user from a previous server installation that was corrupted. Server, user and storage group names are all the same.

Windows SBS 2003
Exchange SP2
BUE 9.1 Rev 4691

Here are the behaviors that I now am having:

1. The user that was restored to can no longer connect to their mailbox on exchange, whether or not cached mode is turned on.

2. I tried completely deleting the user entirely (mailbox, SBS profile, etc) and then recreated everything. Still cannot connect.

3. New user accounts that are set up cannot connect either.

4. Current users can still connect to exchange as well as send/receive email.

5. Current users all received a message that they were over their quota.

The error message that is received on Outlook (2003) when attempting to connect for the first time is:

Unable to open your default e-mail folders. You must connect to your Microsoft Exchange Server computer with the current profile before you can synchronize your folders with your offline folders.

I suspect that the Information Store is corrupted, and I have two questions:

1. What is the best way to fix this?

2. What is corect syntax to use to redirect a restore to the Recovery Storage Group?

Thanks

CW
1 REPLY 1

Cameron_Welles
Level 3
Got this fixed...had to remove recovery storage group, use EXMERGE to remove mailbox contents, removed mailbox and recreated. Then imported the PST that exmerge created back into it.

thnaks

cw