cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exchange 2007 GRT restore failed ,Final error: 0xe000848c - Unable to attach to a resource.

Timo_K
Level 3

Hi,

I try restore in users mailbox some mails. Backup is made GRT backup.

I get this error.

Completed status: Failed
Final error: 0xe000848c - Unable to attach to a resource. Make sure that all selected resources exist and are online, and then try again.
Final error category: Resource Errors

For additional information regarding this error refer to link V-79-57344-33932

Exchange 2007 version:

Exchange Server 2007
Microsoft Corporation
Version: 08.01.0240.006

Backupexec version:
Media Server: Version 12.5 Rev. 2213
Administration console: Version 12.5 Rev. 2213

Does somebody has an idea?

Best Reagrds
Timo

6 REPLIES 6

RahulG
Level 6
Employee
Hope the backup which you have taken is not for exchange 2003 , if it is refer http://support.veritas.com/docs/325367

The error above occurs when you have issue with the account credentail . the accoutn which you are using should have the following rights
Exchange Full organization admin role Administrator role
Domain Admins/Explicit Local Admin
Has active mailbox
Has sent/received e-mail
Is Unique in AD
Is not hidden in GAL

Also let me know if the accoutn which you are using is it on tape or is on Disk . If it is on tape you can duplicate that backup set to backup to disk folder so it would not require staging

kkate
Level 5
Accredited
Wanted to know, where you backup the Exchange server on the disk or on to the tape.
Is Exchange management console installed on BE server, query.

Timo_K
Level 3
I try restore both way disk and tape in same result. Same error occure.

Completed status: Failed
Final error: 0xe000848c - Unable to attach to a resource. Make sure that all selected resources exist and are online, and then try again.
Final error category: Resource Errors

For additional information regarding this error refer to link V-79-57344-33932.

Exchange management console is installed in same server where is BE.

First I backup Exchange on the Disk and then I use duplicate copy copy image file to tape.
When I do restore job I can see user mails.
I test accounts and they are OK.
It seems that everything is OK but always I get same error.

I remeber that I have succesfully restore mail with GRT backup but now it dosent work.
I dont know what happend.
I know that something is wrong but what?
Does BE have some checking tools?

Best Regards
Timo

RahulG
Level 6
Employee

It would be issue related to mapi cdo on the exchange server as it uses Mapi for the restore . You can try uninstalling and reinstalling the MAPI CDO on the exchange server . Let me know if that helps

BigQ
Level 4
Sounds lame, but make sure that you have the Windows ICS (firewall) service off or check to make sure the correct ports are open to allow communication. I had the same issue and drove me crazy for an hour till I notice a GP had started the Windows ICS service. Once I turned it off teh resore of the message ran fine. Note also that the backup to disk was running just fine with ICS on. Hope that helps.

Staily
Level 2
Things tried:
- Update BE 11D software
- Disable IPv6 on exchange server
- Check NTFS permission of Backup-to-disk location and RSG location
- Restore from tape instead of from disk
- Check restore account ( working mailbox, member of Domain Admins/Exchange Org Admin\Local Admins, permission to 'Log on as a batch job', etc)
- Disable Windows Firewall

>>> Same error (0xe000848c)

Other suggestions?