cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exchange 2007 Mailbox Restore Error

ahurley
Level 3
Dear all, I'm currently trying to restore an users Delete Items folder for a full backup on tape. However during the staging process I get the following errors: ------------------------------ Job ended: 09 June 2010 at 14:43:45 Completed status: Failed Final error: 0xe00002f7 - Cannot extract mailbox messages from the Exchange backup. Review the job log for more information. Final error category: Resource Errors For additional information regarding this error refer to link V-79-57344-759 Click an error below to locate it in the job log Restore- \\nlexah.niftylift.com\Microsoft Information Store\First Storage Group V-79-57344-759 - Unable to complete the operation for the selected resource using the specified options for the following reason: VFF Open Failure. This can be caused by low memory or disk resources. -------------------------------- However I can't figure out why this is failing. The following conditions are true for my restoration job. 1)The user is logged out of their mail box 2)The local NTFS drive used for the stage has enough space to extract the full Exchange Database (400GB left after extraction) 3)Both the Media server and exchange server having plenty of free RAM (2GB on Media Server, 5GB on Exchange server) Therefore can any shed any light on why my restore job is failing? Many Thanks Anthony
2 REPLIES 2

Dev_T
Level 6
Hello,

Go to tools-->Install options and license-->Remove all the licenses and click on next...let it start in trial mode....Key in the license keys again and try restore...

I had the same problem uninstalling and reinstalling the License keys resolved the issue...

hope this helps...

ahurley
Level 3
Dev,

Thanks for the advice. I've done as you suggested, however I had to totally remove backupexec as I was have problems with SQLServer installation files.
Now that I'm backup and running I'm getting MAPI errors. Any ideas?