cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exchange 2007 backups failing after BE patches

Ortho_Lawton
Level 5
Yesterday I ran liveupdate on one of my backup servers and it applied new updates 22,23,24,26,27

I then updated the agent on my Exchange 2007 server, after that Exchange backups are failing with the error:-

I rolled back the agent on the Exchange 2007 server to the pre patch version and the backups work fine again.

Anyone else seeing this?

Curiously I just ran liveupdate on another identical server today, without actually doing the patches, and it only offered 22,23,24,27 - no 26

I wonder if I was just unlucky and did the original liveupdate between Symantec releasing a duff, insufficiently tested patch and pulling it again

Thanks

Message Edited by Ortho Lawton on 11-18-2007 02:57 AM

Message Edited by Ortho Lawton on 11-18-2007 02:57 AM
8 REPLIES 8

MAG39Marine
Level 2
Same problem here...installed hotfix 22, 23, 24, 26 and 27 for BEWS 11.0.7170 and now my Exchange 2007 granular backups fail.  Tells me I need MAPI Client and Collaboration Data Objects 06.05.7888 or later which was installed.  I just installed 06.05.7940 to see if it helps before I start removing BEWS patches.  I tried with no luck to remove the CDO 06.05.7888. reboot and reinstall.

HINETASM
Level 2
Same here. We just got HF27 in place so we could get backups and now I can't get GRT backups. I've removed/rebooted/reinstalled the agent and the MAPI/CDO package (7888 and 7940) multiple times with no success. The MAPI/CDO package error persists.

We're on Exchange 2007 with rollup5.

NetworkGuy
Level 3
I too am having this exact problem. Smiley Mad

Joshua_Small
Level 6
Partner
I was away from this board for several months and I come back to largely the same posts- discussions about patches that break everything.

NetworkGuy
Level 3
Yup! And for some reason, I cannot rollback the agent so I am stuck with a complete reinstall unless there is a fix here shortly from Symantec.

NetworkGuy
Level 3
Looks like they have fixed it.

Downloading now to test....

nbarker2000
Level 2
Doesn't work for me.  Stops error but individual mailboxes are still not backed up :(

NetworkGuy
Level 3
It does stop the error and backups complete successfully. But half of the mailboxes I cannot restore items from.