cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exchange 2007 with backupexec v12

Big_Dave
Level 2

Hello,

Backup fails with error E0001207, im running exc2007 on a windows 2003 server, with backupexec V12 on another win2003 server, with the backups going to an LTO3 drive.

Error category    : Resource Errors
Error : e0001207 - To support individual mailbox message and folder restores from Information Store backups, you must download and install the Microsoft Exchange Server MAPI Client and Collaboration Data Objects package version 06.05.7888 or later on the Exchange 2007 serve
For additional information regarding this error refer to link V-79-57344-4615

I have downloaded the mapi client patch and rebooted the exc server but still get htis error every night.

Any help would be much appreciated, thanks

4 REPLIES 4

links10
Level 4
Partner

Dave,

You installed the CDO 1.2.1 on the media server?

DMadlung
Level 3

Get the same error. Running Server 2003 x64 media server, exch 2007 RTM. Installed the mapi client on exch and media server multiple times, upgraded remote agent to the newest today, ZERO headway. same error constantly.

Backup Exec 12.5 SP1 x64, FRESH install on a machine that has never had it installed prior. BE11d was used from a different server with no (comparatively anyway) issues. Me and a co-worker have almost 10 hours of time into this issue.

---

Granular Restore Technology (GRT) enabled Exchange 2007 backups fail with the error "0xe0001207 - To support individual mailbox message and folder restores from Information Store backups, you must download and install the Microsoft Exchange Server MAPI Client and Collaboration Data Objects package on the Exchange 2007 server."

---

links10
Level 4
Partner

Oh, you're using the GRT option. I haven't had too much success with that.  Tech support even gave me the run around when trying to get them to fix it a while back. They basically told me that the backups are only failing when I use the GRT option so I shouldn't use it.  I am still trying to get that option to work, although I have a lot on my plate. I will let you know if I find anything else.

Do you get any error messages when running vssadmin list writers at a command prompt on the server being backed up?

Big_Dave
Level 2

Yes cdo is installed on the exchange server.

With regards to the vssadmin list writers command , whe run on the exch server I dont get anything reported back at the command prompt, but when ran on the domain controller or other servers I get the list reported with no errors.