cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SQL 2005 restore fails with V-79-57344-33938 and V-79-57344-65072

Loeb82
Level 2

I have benn trying to restore a db and log files for a few days now(full SQL backup), the db is 80gb and log file is 200gb. The job goes up to 71% everytime and stays there for an hour and fails with the following:

Click an error below to locate it in the job log
Restore- SERVERNAME\INSTANCE

I tried redirecting to another server with 500gb of free hard drive space and same result.

I looked in the support articles for these codes but nothing matches really.

any help would be really great!

Message Edited by Loeb82 on 01-15-2009 10:30 AM
2 REPLIES 2

Loeb82
Level 2

I have tried a restore with the following settings and still no luck:

changed the registry setting for "Use Fast File Restore" set to 0 and

hkey_local_machine\software\veritas\Backup Exec\Engine\Agents\Notify Data Halted Time Out Seconds to a very large time out number.

This made the restore take significantly longer with the same end result.

I am now running another restore using only the Force named pipes backup/restore registry switch and all others back to their defaults.

I am using BE 11d, all other similar problems in the forums to mine are from ver 10 or 9.  Is infact the named pipes a problem with very large SQL restores? there does not seem to be a definitive answer for each of the problems.

for information purposes:

db size:

dbfile1.mdf is 260mb

dbfile2.mdf is 80gb

Log file is 200gb

backup data size is 74gb, showing completed successfuly and verified as well. I have also used several different backups of this db to make sure it was not a faulty LTO2 tape, or simply a bad backup.

any help would be reeeeeaaally apreciated.

Loeb82
Level 2

update:

Attempted a restore (SQL redirection) with the following,

• Use fast file restore in registry (HKLM\SOFTWARE\SYMANTEC\BACKUPEXEC for WINDOWS\Backup Exec\Engine\Tape format) set to 0
  • Force Named Pipes Backup/Restore (HKLM\SOFTWARE\SYMANTEC\BACKUPEXEC for WINDOWS\Backup Exec\Engine\SQL Server) set to 1 (I double checked during the restore, the connection is infact donw using named pipes
  • Created a new empty DB on the target restore server and tried overwritting existing DB

When the job reaches 70%, I notice looking at the event viewer on the target server, the backup agent attemps to start the db, but followed with another message saying it cannot be started because it is marked as restoring. an hour later the job fails, database remains in status "restoring" and never starts yet files are all left in their respective locations.

.....  help.