Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exchange 2010 GRT Restore Failure

Jeff_Griffiths
Level 3

Specifics:

Backup Exec 2010 R3  Media Server:  v13.0 Rev: 5204

Exchange 2010 (CAS/HUB Role Server) v14.1 - Build 218.15

Trying to perform a GR restore of a single e-mail to a user mailbox (If it makes a difference, this particular user is both an enterprise and domain admin).

The restore fails with the following information available from the EWS Log:

[17dc] 02/12/12 10:46:00  Exception in sending seedmsg '>' is an unexpected token. The expected token is '"' or '''. Line 1, position 63.
[17dc] 02/12/12 10:46:00 ---EWSStore::OpenFolder---
[17dc] 02/12/12 10:46:00  Exception in FindFolder '>' is an unexpected token. The expected token is '"' or '''. Line 1, position 63.

I have done some extensive and fruitless searching about this topic.  I have checked the user's account in AD and it has the login name (and therefore is not that problem).

Has anyone else seen this behavior and/or found a solution to this issue?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Jeff_Griffiths
Level 3

This issue has been solved by the Enterprise Support Team (Thanks, guys!)

1.)  Add the BE service account to some additional AD Groups:

Enterprise Exchange Servers,  Exchange Servers, Exchange Services

2.)  Remove the HTTP redirect on the EWS site (which was added per a technote).

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

Sush---
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

What is the error in the Job Log with which the restore fails?

Thanks,

-Sush...

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Hi there,

Check the TN below and make sure your BESA complies with the requirements to back up Exchange 2010. Ignore the error message as it has nothing to do with yours...you're interested in Step 1 and Step 2.

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH125119

Furthermore, make sure that your media server is fully patched and that these patches have been push-installed to your remote servers.

Thanks!

Colin_Weaver
Employee Accredited Certified

Are there any strange characters in either the Subject line of one or more e-mails, the folder names within the inbox where the message came from or perhaps any of the properties of the mailbox itself?

Jeff_Griffiths
Level 3

Thanks for the replies folks.

Sush:  The job log error is:

Resource ErrorsError: e00002f8 - Cannot open one or more mail messages because of unknown MAPI errors. Review the job log for more information.
For additional information regarding this error refer to link V-79-57344-760

That error is generally associated with missing login field information in the AD for the recipient.  I have confirmed that is not the case here.

Craig:

LiveUpdate indicates this install is fully patched.  This is a new Exchange server and the agent was pushed to it from this install after patching.  Therefore, I assume that the agent is also up to date.

As for the Technote, I ran across that one also and checked it out.   This install is in compliance with it and EWS is working.   The BE service account can both log in and successfully send e-mail via EWS.

I've also verified that the Impersonation Role exists and is correct.

Colin:

The restore is just going to the Inbox.  The inbox does have a few subfolders, but nothing that seems extraordinary from a naming standpoint. As for the subject line of the message it was a simple forward with nothing crazy in either the subject line or the body as far as I can tell.

ArulPrasad
Level 6
Employee

If the CAS server different then the Mailbox server try a redirect restore of the same Usermailbox using Exchange redirection.

Currently with a setup of CAS role on a Different Server is not supported\

Regards

Arul

Jeff_Griffiths
Level 3

Arul,

Thanks for your reply.  Yes, I've already seen the Technote about that as well. This restore IS a redirection to the CAS/HUB server (it is independent from the Store server).

Jeff_Griffiths
Level 3

This issue has been solved by the Enterprise Support Team (Thanks, guys!)

1.)  Add the BE service account to some additional AD Groups:

Enterprise Exchange Servers,  Exchange Servers, Exchange Services

2.)  Remove the HTTP redirect on the EWS site (which was added per a technote).