cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exchange Access Denied ON SBS 2003

Terry_Ritter
Level 3
Hi,

I am running Windows Small Business Server 2003. I am using the administrator account on the SBS server as a system logon account, but am getting the error:

Backup - \\DELLSERVERUnable to attach to \\DELLSERVER\Microsoft Exchange Mailboxes.
Unable to attach to \\DELLSERVER\Microsoft Exchange Mailboxes.
Unable to attach to \\DELLSERVER\Microsoft Exchange Public Folders.
Unable to attach to \\DELLSERVER\Microsoft Exchange Public Folders.
Backup - \\DELLSERVER\Microsoft Site Replication Service\SRS Storage Access denied to database SRS MDB.
Database or database element is corrupt
Access denied to database Log files.
Database or database element is corrupt

I also am current on updates which included Exchange and SP2.

On SBS 2003 I am not using Outlook for email for the administrator. When I try outlook it displays about component sharing and I close it out.

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!!!
Terry
7 REPLIES 7

priya_khire
Level 6
Hello,

Refer to the following technote in order to resolve the problem:

"Warning: "SRS MDB" is a corrupt file" or "Unable to attach \\server name\Microsoft Site Replication Service\ SRS Storage" or "\\Mail\Microsoft site replication service \SRS SRS.MDB" appears during MS Exchange backup.
http://support.veritas.com/docs/243430

If the problem persists, write back to the forum with details.

Note : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked ‘assumed answered’ and would be moved to ‘answered questions’ pool.

Regards.

Terry_Ritter
Level 3
I willl try your suggetion to uncheck the SRS. I have unchecked the Exchange Mailboxes and Exchange and the backup still fails. I really need to get the Exchange included in our bakup again. I just saw another posting on the rights for Exchange. Is Veritas working on the issue?

Terry

Deepali_Badave
Level 6
Employee
Hello,

Please execute the steps mentioned in our earlier reply and verify the result.

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answered and would be moved to answered questions pool.

Terry_Ritter
Level 3
I have stopped the SRS. My backup will run without backing up Exchange. I cannot get access to Exchange. I have created a unique mailbox, chaned the logon account to that name, started and stopped the services and still cannot access Exchange to back it up. Please give me some suggestions to help with the issue!

Thanks,
Terry

Ajit_Kulkarni
Level 6
Hello,

After creating the mailbox for the account, have you activated it. If not then please send a mail to it and it will get activated.

Also, have you given Exchange Full Admin rights to that account ?
- If not then please give it and check the results.

Regards

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked "assumed answered" and would be moved to "answered questions" pool.

Darren_Henderso
Level 2
The account you created should also be visible in the Global address list. if it is hidden from the GAL it will stop BES access.

Amruta_Purandar
Level 6
Hello,

Please try the above mentioned solutions and revert with the results.

Additional Information :
For information on the recent VERITAS Backup Exec security vulnerabilities, including links to the downloads for the necessary hotfixes, please refer to the following document:
Patch summary for Security Advisories VX05-001, VX05-002, VX05-003, VX05-005, VX05-006, VX05-007

http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/277429.htm

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answered and would be moved to answered questions pool.