cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exchange Agent and CPA

Richard_Samuels
Level 4
Partner
I understand that the Exchange Agent comes with a CPA as does Backup Exec w/CPS. If I have Exchange and Backup Exec on the same server, can I use the CPA that comes with Exchange for another remote server?

Also, am I correct in my understanding that a CPA is also a RAWS?

Thanks,
Rick
3 REPLIES 3

Shilpa_pawar_2
Level 6
Hi,

CPA and RAWS are two different components. Exchange agent is not included in CPA.

Please refer this technote:

http://support.veritas.com/docs/278550

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked "assumed answered" and would be moved to "answered questions" pool.

Richard_Samuels
Level 4
Partner
I understood that a CPA is actually a CPA+RAWS where a RAWS is only a RAWS. Note that in the documentation, if you install the CPA and a RA is not already installed, it will install the RA.

A RAWS license, on the other hand, does not include a CPA.

I know a CPA does not include the Exchange Agent. The Exchange Agent includes a CPA. The question was whether or not I could use the CPA included with the Exchange Agent on another server if Exchange is installed on the same server as my BE media server and therefore not in need of a CPA (becuase it is already covered by the BE license on the media server).

Thanks,

Rick

Ashutosh_Tamhan
Level 6
Hello Richard!

You can install your CPA (Continuous protection agent) on any other server if you want to protect that particular server continuously.

Should you have any further questions, please feel free to get back to us.

Regards,
Ashutosh

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answered and would be moved to answered questions pool.