Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exchange Backup - Backup Exec 2010 R3

Brad_Niessen
Level 2

I am getting the following error message:

About Backing Up Exchange 2007 Servers
To back up Microsoft Exchange Server 2007, you must install the Exchange Management Tools for Microsoft Exchange Server 2007 on this computer. The Management Tools can be installed during a custom install of Microsoft Exchange Server 2007. To support individual mailbox message and folder restores from Information Store backups, you must also download and install the Microsoft Exchange Server MAPI Client and Collaboration Data Objects package version 06.05.7888 or later on the Exchange 2007 server. This package can be found on the Microsoft Web site.

I have installed Management Tools on the Media Server.

I have installed Microsoft Exchange Server MAPI Client and Collaboration Data Objects package

I still cannot backup the actual Exchange Object in my Exchange Server backup job.

Thanks,

Brad

4 REPLIES 4

ZeRoC00L
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Do you have the Backup Exec Exchange agent installed (and licensed and not the trial period passed) ?

What is the exact error message you receive ?

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Hi brad,

run LiveUpdate and download and install any available patches on your media server. Once done, do a push-install to any remote servers.

Try the backup again and post the results.

Thanks!

Brad_Niessen
Level 2

I have had a very bussy few weeks and haven't had a chance to get back to this post.

To answer response's to my post:

- Yes, I have the licensed Exchange Agent in my Backup Exec package.

- As well as having the license I have it added as an install option

- I also have the MAPI CDO and Exchange Management tools installed on the media server

- Still get warnings about the MAPI CDO and Management Tools though when I re run the install options on media server

- I have run Live Update a number of times, but I am happy to do that again to check if there are any further updates - I will get back to you on this.

Thanks for the help.

Brad

I will also briefly describe what I am doing currently after little success with Exchange Backup:

- I have uninstalled Management Tools SP3 and the MAPI CDO

- I then installed the MAPI CDO

- I then installed Management Tools from SP1, then from SP2, then from SP3

Lesta_G
Level 6

This is the latest CDO 6.5.8211.0

http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?displaylang=en&id=1004

this worked for me when I was having problems recently  with a blackberry server against exch2007