cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exchange Backup Fails - Final error: 0xe000fe09 - The directory is invalid.

Rob_Kosowski
Level 3
Hi:

I am running Veritas 10d backing up my Exchange 2003 server. Some of the scheduled jobs are failing, and some are not. I only have one backup job for exchange scheduled, which is what confuses me. I am getting the error below with every failed job. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thx.

------------------------------------------------

Job ended: Saturday, June 10, 2006 at 12:29:18 AM
Completed status: Failed
Final error: 0xe000fe09 - The directory is invalid.
Final error category: Resource Errors

For additional information regarding this error refer to link V-79-57344-65033

Backup- \\EX1\Microsoft Exchange Mailboxes V-79-57344-65033 - Directory not found. Cannot backup directory System Attendant and its subdirectories.
3 REPLIES 3

padmaja_rajopad
Level 6
Hi,

If the job is failing while backing up just the "System Attendant" mailbox, you can safely exclude this mailbox from the selection list..

The "System Attendant" mail is Exchange system mailbox , and is created by Exchange itself.

It is not necessary to back up this mailbox and any mailbox string with SMTP/System mailbox...

Please refer to:

How to improve Exchange Mailbox and Public Folder backup performance using advanced features in Backup Exec

http://support.veritas.com/docs/273548

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answered and would be moved to answered questions pool.

Rob_Kosowski
Level 3
Thanks for the response and clarification. I wasn't sure if the "System Attendant" mailbox was needed for backup/restoration. The link is very helpful as well.

Thanks Again!

shweta_rege
Level 6
Hello,

Thanx for the reply.. Can we close the post now?

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answered
and would be moved to answered questions pool.