cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exchange Backup-Weekly Full-Meta Data Index-Catalog Failing

Mark_Solutions
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

Just one issue left on my current installation if anyone can point me in the right direction to crack this one please ...

We have an Exchange 2003 Server backing up to disk then duplicating to tape.

This is all BUE 2012 and all updates. CASO Server on DR site with two Media Servers doing the jobs.

The Exchange database backups up and duplicates to tape fine.

GRT has been selected.

The Daily and Weekly Meta Data Index-Catalog jobs fail although I have been able to later re-run the Daily one which works - but the Weekly Full one has not worked as yet.

I have set the GRT Templocations on all servers to a drive with plenty of free space (at least 170GB)

The errors shown in the job are:

Catalog Error
V-79-10000-10660 - An error was encountered writing to the on-disk catalogs.

Final error: 0xe0000904 - An error occurred while retrieving catalog information.
Final error category: Backup Media Errors

For additional information regarding this error refer to link V-79-57344-2308

I have run an SGMon on teh media server involved and the putput is attached (backup server and exchange server names edited slightly along with mailbox names)

I did notice that the job itself failed long (20 seconds or so) before the actual catalog process on the media server had finished running and before the SGMon showed any errors.

Any help appreciated

2 REPLIES 2

sksujeet
Level 6

Hey Mark,

Looks like an issue:

https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/issues/0xe0009418-error-during-exchange-meta-data-index-catalog-job-rdx-disk

Mark_Solutions
Level 6

It is standard locally attached NTFS disk and no eject has been set in the job

I tried the registry key anyway but it has made no difference unfortunately

Thanks anyway